The Stroke Center at Lawrence Hospital
American Stroke Association
Stroke Warning Signs
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
If you have one or more stroke symptoms, don't delay! Call 9-1-1 and get help immediately.
In 2006, Lawrence passed a rigorous set of standards to qualify as a New York State Department of Health designated Stroke Center. As a New York State sanctioned Stroke Center, Lawrence now has a highly skilled and dedicated stroke team that's on standby 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ready to immediately treat any stroke patient who comes through our doors.
A rapid response is key in treating stroke patients. In order to qualify as a Stroke Center, Lawrence Hospital Center developed new protocols and sharpened its stroke response times. Lawrence collaborated with its healthcare partner, NYP/Columbia to assist in this effort.
To find a neurologist at Lawrence Hospital Center, click here.