Your Contribution is Vital
Volunteers are an essential part of the Lawrence Hospital Center team. Our volunteers provide a variety of day-to-day services, including greeting visitors at the Information Desk, delivering flowers (and smiles) to patients, assisting the Emergency Department, dietary department, and pharmacy, discharging patients, assisting with office work, operating the Bargain Box, and working in the hospital thrift shop.
Our Junior Program helps students meet their school requirements for community service. We welcome juniors from age 14 to 17 to participate in our summer program, or to volunteer hours during the school year.
How to Volunteer
Your interest in becoming a volunteer is warmly welcomed! The procedure is simple. All we ask is that you meet these basic requirements:
- Contribute a minimum of 50 hours per year;
- Turn in a Health Assessment Form completed by your doctor;
- Be screened for tuberculosis and rubella;
- Attend a 3-hour Orientation; and
- Meet with the Director of Volunteers to see what openings are available and where your special skills or interests fit.
For more information, call (914) 787-3316 or email email@example.com